Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Life as I know it.

          Hello once again my fine curious friends.  I hope that life has been treating you better than it has been treating me since my last update.  Over the past two weeks I have been to the doctors office more than I like to admit, yet when it is needed I have no choice between my wife and my lil one.


          For those of you that are married or that live with your significant other you may understand part of what I am talking about.  You sit there and have a little trouble breathing or start to cough and your other half says, "You really should go to the doctors and get that checked out."  Well imagine your significant other is a RN(registered nurse) and think of how that conversation will go... probably something like this, "Why aren't you going to the doctors?  don't you believe me when I say you need to go?  It's not like I went to college for years or that I know what I am talking about...."

          Well for me its more of a hassle because I have my wife on one side telling me to go and my lil one on the other telling me why I should listen to her because she is a nurse.  Now don't get me wrong, I understand that if a nurse tells me to see the doctor I should.  Also I understand that an office visit is easier to get through than a week with a wife telling me to go.  Yet when both of them are trying to get me to go at the same time, well I basically have no choice in the matter other than who will take me. 

          As for the part about who will take me, well that has its own pitfalls too.  On the one hand I cannot really take both of the women who live with me because doctors hate having too many people in the exam room (I should know I work for a doctor of Optometry).  On the other hand choosing between wife and lil one is a balancing act that the most trained tight rope walkers have trouble negotiating.  My wife believes that she should go because she has been in my life for fifteen years, while lil one believes she should go because she is an actual nurse and can better relate the many symptoms that I apparently have without knowing it to the doctor.


          So I try to rotate who gets to go and that has been fun trying to explain to the medical professionals about who these different ladies are that accompany me.  That will have to wait for another day though.

          To shorten it up though for the night, it seems that I have asthma as well as some other problems.  I have not had any symptoms of asthma for years but due to what ever reasons they are showing up again.  On top of that I had bronchitis and a sinus infection that I am finally over.  To top that off somewhere along the lines I managed to hurt my foot to the point of needing a cane to walk.  The asthma is doing better now that the weather is cooling down and if all goes well and I can stay off of my foot for a while the cane can go back into the closet in a week or two.

          Friends I wish you all the best of this Thanksgiving holiday to those of you who celebrate it, and to the rest of you have a wonderful week.  I will try to post soon or by next Wednesday the 30th if I can.  Thanks again for following along this crazy ride with me and remember, if you keep reading I will keep writing.

Later,
Cyborg44


No comments:

Post a Comment