Wednesday, November 30, 2011

November 30th, 2011

          Hello again one and all.  I thank you for those who have been readers of mine for a while and for those of you who are just stopping by for the first time I thank you as well.  I must apologize as to the title of the posting for I am not really creative enough to come up with a new name every single time.

          Let us start off our topic "Family Time" and what it means to you and me.  To many family time is any portions of time spent with your loved ones connecting and communicating on topics of joy and merriment.  To others it can be simply sitting down and having dinner at the table together while hitting bullet points of the day's occurrences for each person in attendance.  As with all that is me and mine, our family time is always much more involved.

          There is family time where we take the kids out and enjoy a day at the beach or perhaps a stroll through the mall.  There are those rare occasions that we all go to the movies, but with today's economy and ticket prices that doesn't happen much... but that is a story for another day.  Finally, of course, there is the time that my wife, my lil one, and myself go out and have fun as a triad (for those of you who are new check a couple of my older post to see the story on my extended relationship).

          This past week was just the Thanksgiving holiday and of course we did the "normal" thing where me, my wife, and our kids went to her parents house for turkey.  Sadly my lil one had to work a double from 7pm the night before till 7am Thanksgiving morning then only to turn around and go back in at 3pm till 11pm.  With only being home for such a short amount of time she had to sleep so she could manage to survive instead of going out to eat with us, but fear not my loving wife made her up a plate of yumminess and I delivered it personally while she was working.

          My lil one was so thankful for her food that she graced me with the option of going shopping when she got off of work at 11pm that night.  Even though she is my submissive and we are not married, option is not the correct term, should have been ultimatum. If I had said no and told her that I just wanted to sleep I would have gotten the third degree of how I don't love her enough to even go shopping, yada yada yada.  So Black Friday shopping starting Thursday night it was.  Just shoot me at this point, but hey, it's family time... right?

          The next day we managed to pull down all the the Christmas decorations from the attic, continuing our family time,  in hopes that we may appear to the neighbors a little less unusual if we followed suite and put up a tree and lights.  Well of course in order to put out the decorations we had to clean up everything first (yay, fun family time, right?).  Well after the cleaning at least the tree made it up and we still haven't gotten around to putting out the lights.

          So Saturday rolls around and now it is time to spend some family time with the wife.  I love her to death and have been married for going on fourteen years, but to her shopping is spending time together.  First we went and took her poodle to the groomers because there is no chance that I can give that dog a haircut worth a nickel.  While waiting for her to be done there we left the pooch and went shopping at the thrift stores because my wife thinks its neat all the little finds she can stumble across.  To make it a short story we were shopping for four hours and by the time we were done I was at home fixing screen doors with mesh grills so the dogs could not tear them back up.  TV followed that night and sleep came soon after.

          Sunday rolls around and the fun just continues.  My wife and oldest daughter headed off to church early in the a.m. and I wake up to have breakfast.  After church the Mrs. has a class she wants to go to at the church and the rest of us head off to the art fair.  So in the truck we have myself, my two daughters, and my lil one.  The four of us take the hour ride out to the Art Fair.  So we take a stroll through the fair which took about two hours looking at all the wonderful pieces of work from the many artist in our area.  As we start to leave the kids decide they want to go to the beach and I wanted to take some pictures so to the pier we went.

          At the pier we spend about an hour playing on the beach and taking pictures and the girls all played in the water.  Nothing overly exciting there, but hey it's family time... right?  Well if I hadn't had enough family time up to that point I managed to top myself off by stopping at the mall with three females on thanksgiving weekend after they had been out all day.  So I managed to survive that as well.

          I don't know about you but I have had enough "Family Time" to last me for a couple of weeks...oh crap... that will be just about Christmas time won't it?  Oh well.

          For now I will leave you my fine friends with these closing words as always: As long as you keep reading, I will keep writing.

Later,
-Cyborg44






No comments:

Post a Comment